Our Policy

Customer Care

Your spouse must be able to show that:

You are lawfully married and settled in the UK; and

You both intend to live together permanently; and

You have met each other; and

Together you can support yourselves and any dependants without recourse to public funds; and

There is adequate accommodation where you and your dependants can live without recourse to public funds; and

He/she is not under the age of 18 (Young Adult)

A wife who is polygamously married must be the first wife seeking to join her husband here.

Your husband or wife must obtain prior entry clearance before travelling to the United Kingdom.

On arrival he/she will be given permission to stay and work for 2 years. Near the end of the 2 years if you are still married and intend to live together, your spouse may apply to remain here permanently. There is an additional requirement to take the Life in the UK test, depending on your level of English, you may choose to attend combined English language (ESOL) and citizenship classes.