Our Policy

Customer Care

Your fiancé(e) must be able to show that:

You plan to marry within a reasonable time (usually six months); and

You both plan to live together permanently after you are married; and

There is somewhere for him/ her to live until you are married without recourse to public funds; and

Your fiancé(e) and any dependants can be supported without his/her working or having recourse to public funds.

Yours fiancé(e) will be given permission to stay here for six months with no permission to work. When you are married you spouse may apply to stay here, if the application is granted your spouse will be given permission to stay and work for 2 years. Near the end of the 2 years if you are still married and intend to live together, your spouse may apply to remain here permanently. There is an additional requirement to take the Life in the UK test, depending on your level of English, you may choose to attend combined English language (ESOL) and citizenship classes.